Hand-Dyed on Bases:
- Starry Fingering: 80% Eco Processed Superwash Merino Wool, 20% Nylon; 420yds/115g
- Starry Fingering w/o Nylon: 100% Eco Processed Superwash Merino Wool; 420yds/115g (2ply)
Starry Sport: 100% Eco Processed Superwash Merino Wool 288 yds/115g skein
- Starry Worsted: 100% Eco Processed Superwash Merino Wool 210yds/115g
- Cosmos Fingering: 100% Untreated BFL; 420yds/115g
- Cosmos Worsted: 100% Untreated BFL; 210yds/115g
- Astra: 70% Kid Mohair/30% Silk; 477yds/50g
- Eco Moon Fingering: 4 ply 50% Recycled Wool, 50% Tencel (Derived from the sustainably sourced renewable raw material wood, and produced by environmentally responsible processes); 383yds/100g
Naturally Dyed with Cutch, Madder.
A Note on Natural Dyes:
Natural dyes are sources of colour derived from plants, minerals, and in some cases insects. All skeins of The Purl Scout yarn are dyed with natural dye extracts or food waste such as avocado skins and pits.
As with all hand dyed yarns, there will be variation in colour and variegation between skeins, especially for the hand painted colours. If your project requires more than one skein, I would recommend knitting them both at the same time, alternating one row of each, to make sure the colours are distributed more evenly. We strive to depict our colorways as accurately as possible but due to variations in monitor settings, colors may vary. Due to the nature of different fibers, colorways will differ in color brightness depending on the base. Our supplier is certified RWS (Responsible Wool Standard). This means that they have farmers that are recognized for their best practices; ensuring that wool comes from farms that have a progressive approach to managing their land, practice holistic respect for animal welfare of the sheep and respect the Five Freedoms of animal welfare.
All products come from a smoke free, pet friendly home.